Balgonie Castle is situated in the heart of the Kingdom of Fife.
The original tower was built around 1296-1300 by a Knight, Sir Robert Sibbald.
Balgonie Castle has been the seat of the Sibbald, Lundie, Leslie, Maxwell and Balfour families over the past 700 years.
The castle was visited by King James IV, Mary Queen of Scots, Rob Roy MacGregor and Benjamin Bush.
The Morris Family from Loch Tay & Cupar purchased Balgonie Castle in 1985. We have been under going a very slow and careful restoration of the castle since the purchase.
We are open to the public for tourism, education, events and functions.
Our opening hours are:
Noon to 5pm every day.
We do close for weddings.
We are in partnership with Fife Tourism.
Balgonie Castle is closed to tourists for two weeks to allow the filming of the Fairy Flag Movie.